Can you see God's Love?



"Return of the Prodigal Son" by Rembrandt (c. 1668–1669) depicts a powerful scene of forgiveness. The kneeling son, dressed in tattered clothes, presses into his father’s chest in repentance. The father, in a warm, flowing robe, gently places his hands on the son’s back, symbolizing love and acceptance.

Good afternoon

As I was praying last night, this topic gently jumped into my heart. How many of us can testify that we see and experience God’s love for us every single day?

As we journey through life, it’s natural to think that God is far away—looking down on us mere mortals from a vast distance, residing in the third heaven. But that simply isn’t true. There is so much scripture we can reference that shows us the opposite.

Psalm 139:7-10 (NIV) “Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.”

What a beautiful scripture, making it clear that God is always close to us, everywhere on earth. He is ever present.

Another scripture that speaks to this is:

John 14:16-17 (NIV) “And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.”

Jesus promises the Holy Spirit as a permanent Helper who dwells with and in believers. This shows God’s active presence on earth through the Spirit—not as a distant force, but as an indwelling reality for those who follow Christ.

The question I started with is this: Can you see God’s love every day?

For those of us who are privileged to have children, we know the depth of emotion and the many actions we pour out toward them. Here is a list:

Emotions Love Compassion Joy / Delight Concern / Worry Tenderness Protectiveness Pride Hope Patience Gratitude / Thankfulness Forgiveness Empathy Awe / Wonder

Actions Providing comfort Ensuring safety Offering protection Providing provision Nurturing Showing affection Disciplining / Training Teaching and instructing Encouraging and affirming Listening and communicating Sacrificing Spending quality time Forgiving and showing mercy Guiding and directing Respecting and honoring Celebrating Supporting emotionally Mentoring

All of the above flows from the source of love.

Imagine what Father God’s heart posture is toward us when such a standard is our reference for how we love our own children. In a loving home, all the children will experience these attributes from good parents. It’s often only when they grow more mature and more wise that they come to truly recognise what we as parents do for them.

So if we sit still and think about the evidence of God’s love in our lives and it’s not so clear, could it be that we simply need to grow a little more in Him? To spend more time with Him?

Look at this:

Romans 8:28 (NIV) “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him and have been called according to his purpose.”

What This Means

This verse assures us that God’s love is actively present and working even in the hardest, most confusing, or painful situations of life, not just the good ones. Nothing is wasted. Because of His great love for us, He weaves all things together for our ultimate benefit and according to His perfect purpose.

It also ties in beautifully with the parental love I mentioned earlier: just as a loving parent turns every effort (comfort, protection, provision, nurturing, etc.) toward their child’s best interest out of love, God does the same for us—only perfectly and in all things.

So I want to encourage you today: seek Him and be on the lookout for God’s love in your life.

He is all around you, every second of every day.

God bless you!!

                      



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Holy Spirit Is Waiting for you

THE IMAGE OF GOD

You cannot hide