God Can Redeem Your Wasted Years

 



As I was driving this week and listening to a teaching, as I often do, this one was sent to me by a friend. And after listening to it, I was inspired to share a message that is

VERY INSPIRING FOR OUR FUTURES!

Many of us only got saved, not at a younger age but at 30, 40, or 50 years old. And as you build a relationship with God over the years, you start asking some questions.

Do you ever look at your life and think, “I should be further along by now”? Maybe you feel behind in your career, or your spiritual growth, your calling, or even your understanding of who you really are.

If that thought has ever crossed your mind, you're not alone — and the important thing is, you're not in trouble.

In this blog I want us to open Jeremiah 1, because it delivers one of the most freeing truths I've ever heard:

“How many of us feel, hands on heart, ‘I am behind the time of my own development. I should be further on than I am right now.’”

There is a profound truth that I want to share:

Did you know that we serve the God of the universe who can redeem time? Did you know that He can speed up your development? Are you aware that God can get you back on track no matter how much time you have wasted or feel you have wasted in your life? He can redeem time. (I had to wrap my head around that, to be honest.)

This single truth has changed how I see my entire journey with God.

FACT: Your life story started before you were born

Here is something breathtaking in Jeremiah 1:5:

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you. Before you were born I consecrated you. I have appointed you…”

Your existence in God's heart preceded your conception.

This is a truth that has penetrated my heart very deeply, as I now have a different understanding of God's greatness, almightiness, power, and holiness.

FACT: Your identity is not based on who you came through but who you came from.

God does not look at your paternity, your father or mother (who you came through). God knows where you come from — from HIM!

FACT: Your purpose didn't begin the day you decided to follow Jesus. It began in the heart of God, before you took your first breath.

Isn't that amazing? I have come to the realisation that the purpose in my life has only one source: God. No matter where I try and search for my purpose in life, I can only find it in Him.

When was the last time you felt “behind”? What if that feeling is actually an opportunity or an invitation to let God step into your life and redeem your life's timeline?

God Is Not Bothered by Who You Are Not

Let's look at Jeremiah.

Jeremiah's response to God's instruction to him was, “Alas, Lord God… I don’t know how to speak because I’m a youth.”

God's reply? “Do not say, ‘I am a youth.’ … Do not be afraid… for I am with you to deliver you.”

LESSON: The Lord has never really been all that bothered about who you are not. In my experience of Him, He is overjoyed at what He can make you into.

If we break up our lives into responsibility quadrants on a pie chart, guaranteed that God wants the lion’s share of the responsibility for your life.

We are His partner, but God is always the bigger one.

The Two Relationships we as believers have with God

This truth hits hard:

We always have at least two relationships with God:

  1. As much-loved children, we come to Him simply and freely, and we are accepted as we are.
  2. As a developing, fully mature son/daughter (stepping into responsibility and destiny)

When we approach God in prayer and when we have conversation with Him, we should always come to God devotionally from the place of a much-loved child…

God makes everything so simple so that we can step into it.

Then we grow from there.

Practical Steps to Catch Up in our life Development

  • Come to God as a loved child every day (with no performance, with no striving)
  • Ask the right questions: “What does this mean, Father God? And what do I need to do?”
  • Believe that God is speeding up your development right now
  • Let your purpose open the pathway to your true identity, calling, and destiny

I want to end by saying:

  • You are not late.
  • You are not behind.
  • You are exactly where the God who knew you before you were born wants you to be. Allow Him to accelerate you from here.

Final word: “None of us need to be worried about it. We just need to take our slippers off and put some running shoes on… because we’ve got some ground to make up.”

God bless and lots of love

Carl. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Holy Spirit Is Waiting for you

THE IMAGE OF GOD

You cannot hide