A special message: ALL IS NOT LOST
Good evening. Wow.. I never thought I would post again so soon, but God spoke to me. So here goes: Tonight I watched a YouTube video of country star Eric Church delivering a commencement speech at Kenan Stadium, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, on May 9, 2026. The speech has been going viral, and for good reason. It was surprisingly powerful, centered on faith, family, marriage, ambition, community, and personal growth. Using the six strings of a guitar as a metaphor for life’s six pillars, Church gave the graduates a message many say is missing from college campuses today.
As I listened, I found myself reflecting back to when I was that age. In the 1980s, we didn’t have messages like this. I wondered what my life would have been like if I had received that kind of inspiration and influence. My parents divorced when I was 12, my brother was 9, and my sister was not even a year old. For us, it was always about survival. For me, inspiration had to come from within, because there was nobody cheering me on from the sidelines. The message was clear: make it. If you do, great. If you don’t, you haven’t measured up to the world’s standards, whatever that meant at the time.
My father could never fully be the strict “bad dad” after the divorce, although he had been very strict when he lived with us. Seeing us only two nights out of every fourteen meant those visits always had to be “good.” I am now 55, and at this time in my life I have been reflecting on all of this more deeply. Tonight, as I listened to the speech, the Holy Spirit spoke to me.
Even though you may think you have missed out on great opportunities and life events because no one cheered you on or inspired you to be greater, there is one thing you can never forget: Your greatest cheerleader in life is God Himself!
Scripture says, “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations” (Jeremiah 1:5, NIV). This tells us that God thought about us before conception. Another scripture says, “He chose us in Him before the creation of the world” (Ephesians 1:4). Imagine that! God was thinking of us, alive here in 2026, even before 4004 BC.
The Holy Spirit also said to me that the God we serve will take everything we thought was lost, forgotten, or missed, and restore it to us three times, five times, even seven times more in the days we have left. But this will only be for those who know Him. You see, when you have had an encounter with the living God through the power of the Holy Spirit, nothing makes sense except who you are in Him.
Tonight, someone needs to hear this. There are people out there living in the disappointments of their past, and all they really need is to meet Jesus. That’s all. In that moment, purpose, destiny, and the meaning of life will finally make sense for the first time. I want to encourage you to share this message far and wide. The devil has convinced so many people that they missed the best of their lives, and he has given them every justification to believe it. He is the father of lies. God will restore and bring back more into your life than you could ever imagine. God is your biggest cheerleader!
Comments
Post a Comment